Monday, October 03, 2005

Blind Aficionado


I know that love doesn't happen as one might suspect it does…within a moment, perhaps when two eyes meet, as mind-blowingly instantaneous as a stick of lightning struck dynamite; I know it’s far trickier than that...and far less stupid sounding. Understanding the complexity of love dismantles the idea of falling into it; and I, for one, know that we’d definitely fall in just as quickly as we’d fall out if we were to believe in love as a simple clichĂ©. And for some, love is a simple thing, and it’s for those folks that love becomes elusive…because that simple thing is actually an unsteady, ever-changing, mess. We can assume love is as simple as spotting a girl ya dig…yet in that assumption comes the true weakness of eye sight…since sight is a never ceasing ever-roaming periscope, forever skimming the surface of the world around us…merely seeking what lies on top…something that “looks nice”…but has no substance…no depth. “Seeing” is all we human’s have to depend upon, and I won’t belabor the fact…but what I will say is that there are some days when sight becomes overbearing…and for me, it becomes a constant misconception...one which brims at my every chance to see people for who they genuinely are; and thanks to that, I sometimes lose sight of what love is.

Apologetically,
BR80

No comments: