Friday, January 20, 2006

The Innocence Mission



Typically, I'm not one to advertise bands...yet, I think when you stumble upon a particular sound of music that's truly remarkable…you have no choice but to share it. With The Innocence Mission, I suppose it could be the music itself that attracted me...however, in the end, it's truly the voice of Karen Peris that fills me with admiration. True to the name, she sounds incredibly innocent...and possibly sweet, yet haunting, in way. I don't even hear her words when she sings...just a melodic flow of tones that rise and fall in a lulling, pacifying, rhythm. As a band, It’s clear where their strengths come from...as it’s been said by them many times before...they feel music is a blessing from God...and I don’t doubt that for a second. In particular, "Lakes Of Canada", "Tomorrow On The Runway", and "Where Does The Time Go?", appear to have been touched.

Ear to the ground,
BR80

3 comments:

Cinderashes said...

Hey BR80

Um i was wondering if i could put a picture of you on my nexopia page, i promise you are not the only one on theire, its just a few of my friends, and i just wanted to ask permission before perceding!

Cinderashes

BR80 said...

Surrre Cindz, not a problem...but only for Good, not Evil. Evil and I haven't been on the best of terms lately.

Tricia said...

You might enjoy the music of the band Martha's Trouble. They have a very similar style, but I think Martha's Trouble is richer.

And thank you for your comment :)