Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My Sixty-six Idiosyncrasies

I needed to do this…I needed to know what made me Brady…while many of these idiosyncrasies are petty…it really helps paint a picture for me. Think of it as a form of very very cheap therapy. I think maybe others could gain some perspective by trying this too…I just tapped this “semi-stream of consciousness” state of mind and documented every possible quirk that I currently possess…and I have to say that I’m satisfied. This should rest my weary mind for a time.

I can’t sleep without a fan on

I don’t use an alarm clock

I like cheese whiz on pancakes

Reaching into ovens makes me uncomfortable

I enjoy Lava Lamps considerably

I despise having to dancing

I wear $1.99 t-shirts

I pretty much wear the same dress shirt to every job interview

I don’t drive

I walk pretty slowly

The concept of “surgery” in general makes me sick

My handwriting is scrawled in a strange fashion and is terribly sloppy

I enjoy black ball-point pens

I’m writing a memoir

I sometimes sketch pointless drawings

I take photographs of random things

I have these secret aspirations of wanting to either become a Jesuit priest, a detective, or an artist

I like the colour green…any shade really…as it stands for life

The number 33 is an important number for me…it’s perfect

I have trouble telling time on clocks with hands

I never really liked military time

I can only remember the order of North, East, South , and West by using an acronym

I can only tie my shoes using the “two bunny ears” technique

I feel I’ve become very proficient in tying ties

I like the train…dislike the bus

I enjoy walking places…everyday ordinary places…especially at the end of the day

I like sunrises better than sunsets…but dislike mornings

I love starring at the stars

I think rain is one of the most powerful empirical experiences…as it leaves no sense unscathed… sight...sound…touch…smell…and taste

I read Popular Science

The vastness and mystery of space sometimes haunts me

The depth and emptiness of the ocean sometimes frightens me

The intricacies of the body’s design fascinates and astounds me

I believe in God

I have avoided my church ever since my Grandmother died

I wear a cross on my wrist

I struggle between doing what is “just” and what is right

Much of the news makes me sad, angry, or sick

I sometimes sit in total silence without really realizing it

I can become very lost in music

I enjoy sensory deprivation

I think denying oneself of things is divine

I don’t eat breakfast and sometimes forget lunch

I bike extensively

I really only like 3 card games

I enjoy chess

I enjoy philosophy…but recently lost some interest thanks to a few University courses

I can be consistently late for important things and remarkably on time for the seemingly trivial

I despise shaving and haircuts…but always feel better after both of them

I have slippers…but never use them

I have a guitar…but can’t play it

I had a car…but no license

I had some friends…but had to cut them loose

I sometimes have trouble remembering what year it is exactly

My memories from years ago seem somewhat phoney and dream like

My family is bigger than any other person’s I know

I always wanted to have a big family of my own

I always had an ideal concept of what my Love would be like

I sometimes wonder where she is and what course of events is to unite us

I sometimes wonder if anything is meant to come to fruition…and maybe that I was created to be ended for some higher cause

I constantly distract myself so not to meditate on thoughts of fate and destiny

I have irregular sleeping habits

I have trouble shutting my mind off at night

I need white noise to divert/lull me

I can’t sleep with out a fan on

I don’t use alarm clocks

Habitually,
BR80

2 comments:

Cinderashes said...

Wow... It intrigues me... ... i always learn new things about you, yet you still remain a mystery...(thats a good thing).... thats awsome...

Tricia said...

You really just sat down and came up with all of those things? I don't know if I could do that. I would like to do it, but really don't think I could be as successful as you!