Friday, September 29, 2006

Change is Cyclical


Fall again.
Barren trees...leaves on rocks and grey dreary days.
A better time for walks...need more layers though...far less hot.
Figure it's cold for a reason...tilt of the Earth and whatnot..."seasons".
Colder from now on...that's for certain.
No going back now...but it'll happen again...this time next year.

No problem here...I enjoy the Fall...it's the change that breaks me.
Things change in the Fall...they always do...from the skies, to the trees, to the yellowed grass...to your own life...to the lives of all those around you.

Wish it were for the best...but change isn't about that...it's about breaking the balance to keep the order of things.

This is Fall.

-Brady

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I have one internet friend
His name is Brady or Br80
And maybe that code
Means he's really age eighty
(Since it's the internet, you never know)
He also lives where there's likely very much snow
Brady is my one Canadian friend too
What's that exotic place like? I haven't a clue
Dear sir I'm so glad that you write
I'll be sad when you quit and are quite out of sight.

BR80 said...

Hah. Thanks Tricia...that was spot on. You've really got me pegged.

Fortunately, no snow yet...just whatever is on the Rockies...but I haven't been up there in a while on account of my missing "toque" and this bad hip...I am 80 after all. And you can be rest assured that it will be a very sad day for me if you ever "quit" writing and are "quite out of sight". Keep up the poetry!