Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Right of Way

I think I need to change. There are so many things in my life that I need to work out…mainly my priorities. I’ve been struggling with my faith...not in losing it, just in understanding it and in coping with my neglect towards it. I want to know myself better, I want to know what I believe, and when I know, I want to be able to find someone to love, someone who believes the same. I guess those are the prospects I desire and the pressing issues at hand. But getting back to that whole priorities thing…I need some higher ones. Everything I dream of wanting for my life is deeply flawed in that I’m only focusing on what I want for my life…I’m only thinking of what is best for me. Shouldn’t I be helping others? I should be thinking of solutions for meeting the needs and dreams of others. I know a blog’s purpose is to document a person’s own wants and thoughts…but I’m sick of thinking about what I need. I’m not saying that I’m a terrible and selfish person, but if I continue to indulge in my own priorities over God’s, I’m definitely on my way to becoming one.

BR80

No comments: