Monday, December 27, 2004

A Mirror with a Memory


Seeing friends, catching up, chewing the fat, and such...it's rad. Meeting up with some of the friends that made it home for the holidays reminded me of old times, even if those days aren't far behind me, I still need just a little reminder of how things were. And things were awesome.
"Life's a garden...dig it!"
I suppose in a way I both love and hate photos. I think time has a way of skewing perspective, and the best way to see how things truly were is by gazing into a moment via photography. Sometimes a single glance at a photo can set your mind ablaze with all kinds of revelations of the past. I ponder a lot, and I'm a very visual person by nature, so naturally, catching sight of a sentimental photo is an ignition for my mind in a gargantuan way. There are some thoughts I'd rather not think, and some memories I’d rather not recall, however, sooner or later one of those ancient and forgotten photos (one that captured the face of a person you’d just soon forget) rears in a heartbreaking way. But all-in-all, I’m pretty satisfied and completely thankful for the time I shared with friends this break...new and old, photographed and otherwise.

Done Typing,
BR80

No comments: